Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions:
An Approved Driving Instructor who gives lessons in a motor car in return for payment must be on the Register of Approved Driving Instructors (ADI’s). To gain entry to the register, prospective instructors must pass a series of examinations administered by The Driving Standards Agency (DVSA). People training to become ADI’s who have part completed the examinations can obtain from the agency a licence to acquire practical experience which is strictly limited to six months. Once fully qualified and on the register, ADI’s are regularly tested by the DVSA to check their continued ability to give instruction to the required standards. DVSA and the driving instruction industry place great emphasis on professional standards and business ethics. The Code of Practice set out here has been agreed between the DVSA and the main bodies representing ADI’s. It is a framework within which all instructors should operate.
Any images, logos and names on this website which identify Panchal Driving Academy or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of the owner – Jitesh Panchal. You must not use any part of the materials on this site for commercial purposes without obtaining our consent.
2) Tuition and legal requirements
Tuition is only available to persons who meet the following criteria:
- Aged 17 or over, or aged 16 or over and in receipt of or have applied for the enhanced rate of the mobility component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP), or in receipt of the higher rate of Disability Living Allowance (mobility component); and
- hold a valid photocard UK provisional driving licence; and
- legally entitled to drive in the UK.
You must also be able to read a car registration number plate (made after 1 September 2001) from 20 meters away. Your driving instructor will check your eyesight in the first lesson but are not legally responsible should you fail to meet this requirement thereafter. You could be prosecuted if you drive without meeting the standards set by the DVSA.
Clients MUST inform their driving instructor if they receive any endorsements on their licence during the period that they are receiving tuition. Including any short period disqualifications (SPD). Clients MUST inform their driving instructor of any special needs or medical conditions they have that might affect their ability to drive.
In the interest of comfort and safety, clients are advised to wear practical footwear and comfortable clothing which does not affect their ability to drive safely. The instructor has the right to terminate a lesson if the client is unfit to drive and the client will still be liable for the tuition fee.
3) Personal Conduct
The Instructor will at all times behaves in a professional manner towards clients. Clients will be treated with respect and consideration. The instructor will try to avoid physical contact with the client, except in an emergency or in the normal course of greeting. Whilst reserving the right to decide against giving tuition, the instructor will not act in any way which contravenes legislation or discrimination.
Clients must at all times behave appropriately towards the driving instructor and members of the public. Panchal Driving Academy has a zero-tolerance policy on any form of threating behaviour or violence, where this occurs the lesson and all future appointments will be terminated.
You and Your Instructor are responsible for agreeing all matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons.
You must notify Your Instructor of any matters which affect your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example, but not limited to, any lack, or loss, of a valid UK provisional driving licence.
Your driving Lesson will be on a one to one basis with no car sharing. Should you wish a parent or friend to come with you this can be arranged. You can be collected from your place of work or home address or a different location as long as prior knowledge is given and it is agreed between instructor and pupil.
5) Tuition Fees and Refunds
- Tuition fees must be paid in advance either before the lesson or at the start of the training session.
- We accept payment by cash, credit card, BACs transfer or cheque.
- At the instructors discretion, they may offer discounts for block bookings. Any block booking packages must be paid in full at the start of the block lessons. Unused hours must be used within 6 months of purchase or refunded. Any refunds of block bookings will be calculated as a pro-rata amount based on a deduction of hours taken at the standard hourly rate at the time of booking.
- You will be provided with a lesson appoint and payment card in your first lesson. It is the responsibility of the student to bring this with them to every lesson for the instructor to complete.
- Driving test fees are payable to the DVSA directly and does not include the use of the instructor car. Use of the car for the driving test will charged at the same rate as a normal 2 hour lesson or duration of the test appointment.
- Current driving lesson prices and packages are on our website https://panchaldriving.academy/driving-lesson-packages-leicester/ and may be subject to change from time to time. The driving instructor has the right to change prices and packages. Panchal Driving Academy reserves the right to introduce (and to withdraw) special offers from time to time. Introductory offers are only available to new learner pupils, cannot be used in conjunction with other offers and are not transferable.
- Students are entitled to a refund providing it is in accordance with cancellation terms (6) Cancellation of Lesson set below. Where possible, refunds will be processed in the same way in which the payment was received. If we are unable to do this, we reserve the right to refund you by any other method we deem appropriate.
6) Cancellation of Lessons
If you or your Instructor wish to cancel a lesson a minimum of 48 hours’ prior notice should be given. If your instructor cancels a lesson without giving this minimum period of notice Your Instructor shall rearrange the lesson.
If you do not give at least 48 hours’ notice of cancellation, you will incur a charge. In the event of you having booked your driving test, the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) requires you to give three clear working days to cancel your test. If the test is cancelled on arrival to the test, you will only be charged for the lesson prior to test.
Cancellations must be communicated within the notice period by telephone or text message. The student must ensure the driving instructor has received the communication. Panchal Driving will acknowledge and confirm receipt of any cancellation request.
Panchal Driving App is a complimentary lesson text reminder service provided to our students. It is the responsibility of the student to note all appointments themselves. Panchal Driving Academy are not obliged to send any form of appointment reminder so you will be charged if you fail to attend.
7) Liability and Insurance
Panchal Driving Academy carry the appropriate motor insurance to provide driving lessons. This includes Public Liability to the sum of £20 million and Professional Indemnity to the sum of £5 million pounds. We are a member of the Driving Instructors Association (DIA) and can provide proof of our liability and indemnity insurance.
Panchal Driving Academy will make every effort to train you to the highest standard, but can not be held liable for any errors you commit whilst on test or when you are not accompanied by your instructor either before or after a test pass.
8) Personal Property
Panchal Driving Academy shall endeavour to safeguard the personal property of any client, but accepts no liability whatsoever for jewellery, cash, clothing, mobile phones or any other property left in the tuition car. The possession of your Personal belongings and property responsibility resides with Pupil and not our Instructor or our Vehicle.
9) Practical Driving Test
- Students must ensure that they inform the instructor before booking a practical test.
- Panchal Driving Academy will make every effort to ensure that you meet the requirements for the DVSA practical test but reserve the right to withdraw the use of the school vehicle for test if they feel that you do not meet the required standard.
- Student will be liable for any damage incurred to the tuition vehicle during the practical test and liable for the full cost of repair.
- You the driver have the responsibility to keep the car safe and as the legal driver are responsible for any infringement of the law. Any fines that are incurred will be the responsibility of the driver.
10) Customer care and complaints
Panchal Driving Academy thrive to provide an exceptional customer service and experience. In the unlikely event you are not satisfied with our service, please inform us directly and we will aim to resolve any issues as a matter of urgency. Info@panchaldriving.academy